Tuesday, March 17, 2009

GOOD TO GO!

I just got word that I am cleared for KOMU! This is definitely one of the landmarks in my college career. At this point, I will no longer have to do weekly packages for Broadcast 2, but instead will be completing various shifts at the station. 

I won't be able to do most of my shifts until after spring break, because many are already taken, and a lot of my time will now be devoted to Greek Week activities. I will certainly blog each time I do complete a shift, as well as post links to each of my stories, so be watching out for those!

I was reading through some articles a friend sent me, and one in particular stood out. After a press conference, U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill (D)-Mo. turned the tables on the reporters. She had a camera, set on video mode and began filming and asking the reporters questions. It was actually quite humorous. Many of the questions she asked involved technology, like Twitter, YouTube and blogging. It is interesting to see how journalists are utilizing these new networks and how high profile people like Sen. McCaskill do as well. To see the video from McCaskill, click here

I think these kinds of networks, whether it's twitter or bogging, are just one more way to bring transparency to our government and allow more people to be "watchdogs" of the real "watchdogs" - American journalists. 

On that note I will also mention that I have indeed joined the twitter bandwagon. Check out my profile and begin following me

No comments:

Post a Comment