Monday, March 8, 2010

Making Short Stacks go a Long Way...

I think I said that line a million times during my hits on Tuesday, February 23. I went live from Columbia's IHOP to tell Mid-Missourians about National Pancake Day - an event in its fifth year that benefits Children's Miracle Network. I actually covered the event for my final B2 story last year, and remembered it was around this time. It just so happened to fall on the morning of my live shift, brill! For KOMU, I usually don't cover news events like this, but it was a perfect topic for the morning show. It was also my first attempt at a live interview. Molly Myers, the CMN Coordinator from MU Children's Hospital was kind enough to join me on camera...



I think my live truck operator, Scott had a great time, too. We both had smiles at the end of the shift because we got most of the shots up, were warm inside with an endless supply of coffee, and even treated ourselves to a free shortstack. In fact, we ate the stack I used in my final wrap up of the morning. 


After watching that, it seemed like everyone in the studio enjoyed the story as well. 

To strategic pancake planning,
Ag

P.S. I highly recommend blueberry syrup. yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment