Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A day in the life

Yesterday I went in to work still hopeful that I may be the lucky intern selected to go to the Harry Potter 6 premiere. Upon arriving, however, I learned that was not the case and instead would be following the Michael Jackson saga. Still?

I was a little upset, but followed the advice my favorite professor gave me before I left, "Roll with the punches." I went out to interview Sarfraz Mansoor, a music journalist. The interview is going to be used in a piece about Iconic Funerals - and putting MJ's into perspective with those of the past.

Back in the bureau, I learned I would be heading out to the o2 Theater in North Greenwich. This is where MJ's 50 part concert series was to take place. This was not a publicly announced event, but crowds gathered to watch the memorial on a big screen outside the theater. When they handed me their "lame" camera, I was thrilled - it was just like the ones we use at KOMU. Hellooo Sony HDXD - oh how I've missed you! To be able to go out with a camera, shoot video and interview people was such a blessing. Despite the torrential downpours, I was glad to be out in the field again - and finally felt like I was contributing to the newsroom. A correspondent in L.A. ended up using some of my material in his piece. Check out this video to see the my footage from London at the end. 



Watch CBS Videos Online

No comments:

Post a Comment