Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm glad I drink Diet...

Do you think congress should implement a tax on non-diet soda? Health agencies seem to think so - they say its a great move to combat America's obesity woes.


Watch CBS Videos Online

Maybe the kids on Capitol hill could consider a more European approach. The UK utilizes a traffic light food labeling system, that makes it easy for consumers to make sense of all those nutrition facts.

But when it comes down to it, I think the overall approach should be more focused on implementing lifestyle changes rather than creating excise taxes or assuming consumers will make healthier food choices if nutritional content is more comprehensible.

Consumers will most likely continue to pay to "open up happiness," regardless of the proposed 10 cent increase per can. Though, I do wonder - how much would they tax on bottled soda?

To blogging about random things while I should be monitoring Eurovision,
ag.

No comments:

Post a Comment