Friday, May 8, 2009

Growing Mid-Missouri Businesses

I've just finished my first reporting shift at KOMU. I must admit, I was rather nervous upon getting to the station, pitching story ideas amongst the veterans. Randy Reeves ended up putting me on a story about the grand opening of the MU Business Incubator. I had to do some research to actually learn more about the project and it's goals within the Mid-Missouri area. 

I did have some difficulties with the story. The overall event wasn't difficult to cover. But I was hoping to get some kind of CCC, which proved to be difficult, and in the end I proved to be unsuccessful. You can read my web story and see the video but clicking here.

I will basically be living at KOMU next week in order to finish up my shifts. I will be working on Sunday and Monday, and I'm really hoping that I will be able to cover the legislature at the State Capitol. This coming week is their last week in session and I would love to cover it!

No comments:

Post a Comment