Friday, May 1, 2009

Student Composers

Happy May Day!

This week I completed my final VO patrol shift at KOMU. My assignment:  the MU student composer's recital. The event is part of a music composition class taught each year at MU. The program started nearly forty years ago when Dr. W. Thomas McKenney started teaching these composition classes.  The different pieces were arranged by students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs, and preformed by friends and collegues of those who composed it. 

Overall the story went well. However, it never did run on air. My broadcast professor says this sometimes happens with these kinds of stories, if the newscast is running heavy with hard news. But on the bright side, I will now only be doing reporting shifts that result in packages, which I am very anxious and excited to start doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment