Monday, May 25, 2009

I swore I wouldn't fall in love while in London...

...but I've already proved myself wrong. 

On Friday after our first British Life and Culture Class (BLC) all of my roommates, along with our newly adopted friend Ben, went to Hyde Park. It is absolutely beautiful! We walked around the park for hours. There is one part of the park where there is a small lake and there are swans and ducks that you can literally walk right up to. I have heard many stories of vicious swans, and later, after a local pointed out one in particular called "Psycho II" I tried made sure to keep my distance. But it was amazing to find yet another peaceful place in this boisterous city. 

We walked along different trails, coming across beautiful fountains and even the Peter Pan sculpture (Emily was sooo excited!) We also went along the Princess Diana memorial walk which took us to the fountain designed to reflect her life. Maggie and I took a long stop here to sit and dangle out hands in the water. It was so peaceful, and a much needed break from our hectic week.

I am absolutely in love with Hyde park and all that is has to offer. We have made plans to revist the park each friday after our lecture is over. I cannot wait to spend more time in this lovely
 place while surrounded my my new "love babies." (Yet another Trudy reference, God love her)

All of us in Flat 5 decided to take it easy Friday night. We spent the evening gathered around our computers, looking through pictures and catching up on emails with friends and families. 

On Saturday we took a 3.2 mile walk to Notting Hill to visit Portobello Market. I had so much fun walking around with my flat mates and browsing tons of fabulous jewelry, 
posters and produce.

We went pretty early, which was a good idea
 because as we were leaving it was so packed we could hardly walk out. Some of my roommates made bigger purchases, but I kept it low-key with avocados, coriander, and cherry tomatoes. When we got back I made homemade guacamole for all of my roommates. Apparently I am Flat 5's new personal chef, which I love!

Like Hyde park, we plan to revisit Portobello on a regular basis. I mean, what's better than a 7 mile walk with friends each Saturday while buying cheap food? Nothing in my book. 

Love, love, love. The three L's of London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment