Monday, May 25, 2009

Living long and prospering in London

Dear Flatmates, 

You will be the only ones who understand the context of this newest blog headline. Basically my formula for Saturday night was as follows...

Maggie + locals + a late appearance by April and Rachel = a barrel of laughs

I'm hoping this will be a reoccurring theme throughout my summer. I predict Wednesday Karaoke nights at Imperial's student union will ensure this is probable. 

Anywho...

I finally slept in Sunday (OK, I would've if the psycho pigeons cooing outside my window beginning at 5 a.m. would flutter off into oblivion)! But, aside from that, I had a very relaxing day. The Fab 5 (6 girls + Ben + our newest addition to the group, Adrienne...(I'm a journalism student; I don't do math)) decided the 70+ degree weather prompted another walking tour. Sooo we hoped on the tube to the Richmond stop, only to realize we forgot our ever necessar
y guide book. But the lovely day could not be spoiled. We hopped back on the tube and went back to Kew Gardens. We didn't actually go into Kew Gardens because it cost 13 pounds, but instead went to a nearby park, watched a game of Cricket, then took a scenic walk along the Thames river.
           

I must say, we have been absolutely blessed with this weather. Before coming here, everyone told me they rarely saw sunshine. But we have hardly seen a cloud lately! 

Our night concluded with another night in the flat. I lovvvveeee to cook, and Carla and Maggie let me cook for them. No matter the size and quality of a kitchen, a great meal can be produced - or so they say. I think they were pretty satisfied with my chicken parmesan(ish) creation. Mmmmm. Mom was also happy that we finally ate something substantial. 
  
I woke up this morning to the sound of our intercom ringing. Jack and Margo arrived!! I wasn't expecting them until 10, but was so excited for them to be here! They will be spending the entire week here with me in London. We have a busy week planned, and it will probably be my most expensive week here, but it will be totally worth it. 

Pluses to Margo coming:  
  1. She brought me two containers of real american peanut butter.
  2. She and Jack have both been here before so they can show me around the city.
  3. There are now 3 MU Kappas settled in at 40 Hogarth. 
Watch out London!! Stay posted for all of our excellent adventures this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment